Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thoughts on Muzac

It's like an old blues song you know -You wake up one mornin...
Everyone wakes up one mornin in a blues song They normally find their woman gone.

Or that they don't have money.

Or in most cases the Key don't open the door no more.

They must be returning from the Crossroads.

Crossroads are places in Blues songs where you pray to the Lord but the Devil teaches you the guitar on a full moonlight in exchange for your Soul.

Most blues musicians sing from their soul. They never had one. It was gone. So they sing from a vacuum. The blue note on the guitar is the sound of emptiness. It sounds better than the songs of most people whose souls have not been sucked out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was a kid I idolized a lot of people. These people acted in movies, sang songs, wrote the books, put movies together... I never thought of these people as people. I had another word for them. I am not sure what that word was because I never really thought of a word...maybe Hero is the word.

Hero is a Greek mythological Character who does fantastic stuff like kill the product of an unlikely coupling of a bull and a lascivious human Queen. Heroes kill these creatures in dark caves and labyrinths and are helped out by beautiful highly fuckable princesses who end up being treated badly in the end by the Heroes. No one in Greek mythology thinks of Heroes as people.

The biggest thing about a Hero is that they do things which people Cannot do. People when asked to do the same thing will say "That's not what I am supposed to do...that's what Heroes should do". People make money, complain about their lives and procreate. Heroes do the same better and also do other things which people don't think of doing because they think only Heroes can do it.

Here's an example

Heroes can fuck a lot of women if they wanted. People cannot do that. Women like to get fucked by Heroes. They prefer Heroes to people if you really wanted to know.

John Lennon, Dylan, Jagger, Townsend, Marquez, Schultz, Beethoven, Godard, Lynch, Kubrick, Brando, Dean, Groucho, Woody, Bugs Bunny, Rushdie, Shakespeare, Homer, Ulysses, Salinger, Marilyn Monroe, Carl Sagan, Muddy Waters... my Acropolis had NO Vacancy boards on all its doors.

The stories on the lives of these Heroes often sounded like Greek myths. They sounded like that to a lot of people…including women people. These Heroes also got to fuck a lot of women. I am not sure if Bugs Bunny did.

Now I am not a Hero. I know that. But now I am thinking if Heroes are people. I am not sure but I have this very bad feeling that they are.

That would be very sad because that tells me, amidst various other shattering revelations, that I am letting other people fuck a lot of women and have a lot of fun just because I (and other people) think that our Heroes are not people. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am newly liberated. I like this anonymity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you write...It appeals to me deep in a very primeval sense...I think you are a poet- a primordial poet...
My brain lusts for you...Are you on Friendster?